Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2 months old


We finally reached 2 months old and had the dreaded vaccines yesterday. She was such a happy baby until all of that. Fortunately, a bottle seems to be the comforter. Victoria is now weighing in at 11 lbs and 12 oz and 22 1/2 inches, putting her in the 75th percentile for height and weight. She is smiling and cooing so much more and is so very sweet first thing in the morning. Luckily she takes after us in the wanting to sleep department. The bump on her face continues to grow so we just keep praying that it reaches the plateau early. Keep us in your prayers.


Before the shots

.....and after


Well I return to work in a week and am so dreading it. I never would have guessed I wanted to be a stay at home mom and just take care of the little one, but what do you know. I hate the idea of daycare. I know that there are other babies there and she is not going to be given the attention that she has become accustomed to. I can't imagine leaving her and I am not at all opposed to driving to Tyler to drop her off with Aunt Susan or Nonnie. Daycare won't be such an issue for me when she's older, but now is just way too difficult...heck, I can't even push her bassinett away from the side of my bed yet. It should be interesting and I know I'm going to cry like a little baby when I leave her.

She loves to sleep on her mommy


Speaking of Nonnie and Aunt Susan, we had a wonderful visit to Tyler this past weekend. Nonnie and Papa got to spend some quality time with her while we hung out with friends. I'm quite certain they would be ok with us coming in, dropping off Victoria, and just leaving. They are so smitten with her and she loves being there so much. She is going to be so spoiled, but we are so blessed to have wonderful family for her to know and grow up around. I'll be working weekends pretty much from now on, so we are going to be in Tyler next weekend, but then there's no telling when we will be making the trip again. Otherwise, we are wonderful and Miss Victoria just continues to grow and bring us so much joy every day. We are truly blessed.

Victoria and Papa July 25, 2009

We love our Nonnie

She's so much more alert now.

No comments:

Post a Comment